Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 156 and the standard CD headunit only seems to search the FM between 78.00 (didn't realise it went that low?!!) and 89.00 Mhz

no amount of button bashing seems to make it go further or am i doing something really stupid:smash:

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
should go between approx 87 and 108 on FM, assuming you're searching frequency and not presets..... If not there must be something wrong ?
Unless it's an exotic japanese radio, think they use 76 - 90 .....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought the range was something like you've mentioned and couldn't understand why it starts at 78.00 its not a big deal i just wondered if someone has seen anything like this before

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I know the Blaupunkt radio's have the option to switch between South American setting and European setting..... Perhaps that will work ??

<snip>
Mode for europe / south america (n.b.: information not contained in owner's handbook)
The two modes can be activated in sequence by pressing BN (band select) and preselection button 1 simultaneously within 5 seconds of switching the radio on. The mode selected will be displayed on the radio for 2 secs.

Examples:
_ E U R O P E _ (RDS side)
S U D _ A M E R (RDS side)

Setting pre-defined by the Manufacturer: EUROPE

·
Registered
846 Posts
Depending on the age of the car might be easier to just change the head unit. If its an older Alpine original head unit you will need the code with the unit. Codes for the later Blaupunkt head units can be obtained from this site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts