Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm just in the process of buying a 2002 156 SW but was hoping for a bit of advice on the tailgate release.
When I pressed the release button on the remote or released manually from the driver's seat the tailgate did release but only by a few millimetres. Is this usual? How far is it supposed to spring out? I could only just get my fingers underneath to pull it open which isn't ideal.
I've had a hunt through this forum but all the threads seem to be about tailgates that don't release at all and are related to the release lever connected to the solenoid.
There were no signs that the car has taken a shunt in the back and the hpi is clear, so I'm fairly sure it's something else. Any ideas???
Cheers

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Sounds normal to me. It just pops open.
Cheers,

·
Registered
870 Posts
Enought to get yr finger in to lift it up !!

How far does it pop open??:D Seems like a pain in the neck if you're carrying bags of shopping etc etc

·
Registered
714 Posts
Mine did this when I 1st bought her from the stealers...turns out when the car is shipped for delivery, the springs on the rubber stops at the bottom of the tailgate itself are in a locked position and need to be unlocked to enable the tailgate to pop open about 1/2" rather than a couple of millies...anyway the stealer released them for me not sure how tho' ?
Also on this theme my tailgate struts are crap at lifting it automatically and the stealer changed them as the ones on when I bought her were crappy too so the new ones are no better !

Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts