Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help Please!
Bought the car with damage to the tailgate, and water leaking through to the boot. I am trying to refit the wiper motor, but have 2 new gaskets and no info on which one fits where.
Was hoping taking the old one off that it would be obvious, but previous owner had done a cowboy job!
Knew I shouldn't have started this on New Year's Eve!
Thanks in advance,

Hampy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot, it gives me something to go on.
Can now see where '8' fits, not so sure about '4', suggestions appreciated!
Bit late now, will try tomorrow, really appreciate the quick response,
Cheers,
hampy

W

·
0 Posts
Looking at the piccy "4" looks like a nut, but I guess it can't be?

Are they both rubber parts? If so, I'd presume they fit either side of the door skin...but I guess that's too obvious :lol:

wrinx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is rubber, but there is a double skin on this bit of the tailgate.
4 may fit on the inner skin, but there it would not affect the water leak. Will experiment shortly, at least I now know the order that the're supposed to be!
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Success, sort of!
Have fitted part '8' followed by '7' and test with a watering can suggests the tailgate is watertight.
However, did not use part '4' at all, couldn't see how it and '8' could fit the outer skin simultaneously, and the aperture on the inner skin is too big for the part. Wiper is working fine without it, so guess I'll cross fingers and leave it off.
Unless anyone has another suggestion?:confused:
Cheers,
Hampy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK final post on this subject.
Am now confident after some fairly heavy rain that the tailgate is watertight, so will now refit all the trim etc.
Still curious about part '4', and of course conflicting opinion from 2 different AR service departments, one of whom says forget about it, the other says the part is correct and should definitely be fitted.
Still cant see how, ah the joys of Alfa ownership! :)

Hampy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts