Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. As title suggests. Wiper has packed in and I don't know where the fuse for it is?? The fuse cover under the bonnet was never on my car when I bought it, so I'm thinking it's located in there??
If it's not that simple I'll need to check power supply etc but need to start somewhere.
thanks.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Seized rear wiper isn't unusual...certainly check whether you are getting power to the motor.....but if you are, it may be possible to revive the motor by "assisting" the wiper to move when the power is on, aided perhaps by lubricating the shaft...its worked for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuse 10 beside the steering wheel but it does fronts also.
SevenR where do you stay ?
Not far from you bud. I'm in Clarkston.

Yes, I'm beginning to think the motor might need a we hand, and as you say some TLC. A good blast of WD40 should help too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot about this thread. Thanks for the offer of assistance.
TBH I've ran into a small problem. I've removed all the bolts around the black plastic surround on the tailgate, but inside their are 2 plastic points still holding onto it.
I'm again too scared to just force them, as I think their must be a proper way of getting them to release?
Any ideas?

I've also now got a blowing flexi pipe. Bought one from Alfa Workshop. Superb service and advice I have to say. Getting it sorted this week. National Tyres told me the whole system was goosed including the cats. £1000 to fix:lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I changed my motor a while back, And those clips are a stupid design. In the end I just lost it and got my hands as close the clip as possible and pulled bl**dy hard, They just popped out with no propbs.:eek:
Still scarry doing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts