Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I recently bought a 156 2.0ts Sportwagon (2001). Great car although (as expected for the purchase price) mostly broken.

I am slowly ironing out the faults, one of which is that neither of the electric rear windows will work (do not work with either front or rear switches or with lock button up or down). As neither window works I am assuming the fault is common to both.

The fuse / relay diagram in the owners manual shows separate fuses for each rear window in the glove box - however I think it lies, having stripped out and searched behind the glove box there just seemes to be one big window control unit / ECU which clicks when the front windows are operated but makes no sound at all when any of the rear window swiches are pressed.

Does this control box operate the rear windows as well, are they know to go wrong? Any other ideas?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Hi Alex, quick check, do the rear window switches (on the raer doors) light up,if they do then you have faulty motors, if not power feeds to switches which come from front window switch pannel on o/s/f.
the fuses that you need to check are located above the fuse box, two 20amp fuses (yellow)

good luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
Replace the microswitches below the driver window control. They are not really microswitches but their contacts burn till they don't make proper contact. Also you need to graphite the window runners so that there is no load on the motors which caused the contacts to burn in the first place. You can get away with cleaning up the contacts with a bit of emery paper. It's a fiddle to get to the switches but I did do mine on my 156

1 - 4 of 4 Posts