Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a 2001 1.8TS 156 Sportwagon that i'm probably going to buy. A few simple questions though. How many keys should it have? Do they have a "red" or master key like some other cars?

How do you open the tailgate? Is it just by the lever on the floor? I assume it should pop open when you pull the lever?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
My Oct 2001 (built March 2001) comes with two black keys. Tailgate can be opened with lever, with remote key and by inserting key into lock hidden behind badge.

W

·
0 Posts
Odd, my (slightly later?) 2001 car doesn't have a boot keyhole, only the remote unlock and lever by the drivers seat.

wrinx

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, The garage say its just a bit stiff but i couldn't get it to open by any of the above methods! It has got a key hole hidden behind the Alfa badge but that didn't do anything either.

Re the keys, is getting duplicate keys plus remote a huge drama?

H

·
0 Posts
getting a new (spare) key cost about £120 ish about 18 months ago

·
Registered
20 Posts
The boot lid on my SW doesn't 'pop' very far...
putting a number of little signs together, it would appear that my beauty has had a smack on the arse at some point.
Not assuming that this is your problem, but you might want to take a close look round the boot area to reassure yourself that it isn't the same reason for the latch not releasing.

Feel a bit of a dong admitting to not having spotted this when I bought the car, but you live and learn eh?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its very difficult to spot every little thing in the short time you get to look over a used car. Its often only when you have lived with it for a while that you start to piece the clues together and work out its true history.

·
Registered
870 Posts
My 2000 (x) S/W has the inside lever, remote release too. It also has the black keys. I don't think any of the S/W's came with the red master keys like the early saloon's.

My previous S/W once had this trouble, turns out the release cable can come uncliped from the solinoid, you can get to it from inside, remove the plastic covers and open the boot.. then you can get to the cable.

I have it written down somewhere I think how to do it. let me know if you need the instructions.

Mark

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers mate.

The deal has stalled somewhat as when i told the dealer that i wasn't happy that the car only had one key and that it'd be £120 odd for a new one they actually said that the first thing i should do after i have bought the car is to buy a new key for it!!

Maybe i'm being a bit picky but i'm sure they would have pulled my trade in apart if it only had one key.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts