Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a result of my (trusty) garage putting the car on the hoist to investigate some bangs and rattles, I was told it needed rear struts and lower front control arms. Rear struts were replaced today by a pair from the wreckers (breakers), (suspect it just needed the cushion rubbers but anyhow...)

Front control arms (wishbones) readily available fleabay etc, then noticed 'front lower control arm inner bushing kit' ex stock here in Sydney AU$168. Asked the garage and assured the bottom ball joints ok, and the bushes were all that's needed, car has traveled only 110,000 klm, I digress. Just about to press the 'buy' tab and realize all compatible models are sedans. The listing goes further to say that these parts are not suitable for the wagon variant.

My question is; Does anyone actually know if these bushes are different between sedan and sportswagon as I can't see any reason why they would need to be? Rang local A/R dealer with my VIN no and was told that they don't supply the bushes, only lower control arm assembly. Asked price and availability, Have to order them, AU$1100 the pair (gasp..), asked if sedan and wagon the same, 'I can check that for you sir, can you give me the VIN no. of the sedan please?' I could see this coming of course....

Any info on this greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Hi tassiebob,

The 156 Saloon and Sportwagon share the same wishbones and bushes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a result of my (trusty) garage putting the car on the hoist to investigate some bangs and rattles, I was told it needed rear struts and lower front control arms. Rear struts were replaced today by a pair from the wreckers (breakers), (suspect it just needed the cushion rubbers but anyhow...)

Front control arms (wishbones) readily available fleabay etc, then noticed 'front lower control arm inner bushing kit' ex stock here in Sydney AU$168. Asked the garage and assured the bottom ball joints ok, and the bushes were all that's needed, car has traveled only 110,000 klm, I digress. Just about to press the 'buy' tab and realize all compatible models are sedans. The listing goes further to say that these parts are not suitable for the wagon variant.

My question is; Does anyone actually know if these bushes are different between sedan and sportswagon as I can't see any reason why they would need to be? Rang local A/R dealer with my VIN no and was told that they don't supply the bushes, only lower control arm assembly. Asked price and availability, Have to order them, AU$1100 the pair (gasp..), asked if sedan and wagon the same, 'I can check that for you sir, can you give me the VIN no. of the sedan please?' I could see this coming of course....

Any info on this greatly appreciated.
Thanks for replies guys. I will order with confidence, just didn't want find the bushes were wrong when the car is on the hoist with the front end out of it. Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts