Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This weekend the numbers on my speedometer (that tell you how far been and trip, not on the dial) have suddenly gone dark so that you can only see them if you look really hard (they are therefore still working and going up when driven).

All other dash lights including the speedo/rev counter are working fine and dim/brighten with the appropriate switch and when turning the lights on and off.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Assuming this is a pre-interior facelift, there's a bulb behind the LCD display panel for the mileage & trip. I can't remember the number but its a tiny bulb that twists in and out of the circuit board. You'll need to remove the speedo to get at it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've taken the broken bulb out, it is in a plastic orange case, does anyone know what the replacement part is? I can't find it on t'internet

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
I've taken the broken bulb out, it is in a plastic orange case, does anyone know what the replacement part is? I can't find it on t'internet
Does the bulb pull out of that orange base?

It could be a 1.2W 5mm capless bulb.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it didn't come out easily... that's not to say it won't come out! for the moment i've just switched it with the top bulb, was good to know it's an easy job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts