Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
im sure there is something on this here but I'm on my phone so searching would take ages!!
this morning the back light for the odometer on the speedo has gone, by the looks of it it's just the bulb as with a torch I can still just see the display.

Basically do I have to replace the whole speedo or is it just the bulb?
If so what's the type of bulb and does anyone have a guide or pointers?

Cheers guys!

Paolo

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Have a quick search - there have been a couple of threads on this subject in that past 2/3 days

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Its just the bulb that needs replaced and very straight forward to replace. There is one screw that holds the cowl around the speedo, with this off the speedo is held in by 2 or 3 screws. The speedo can now to carefully pulled forward and the electrical plug disconnected. The bulbs are easy to see in the holders and should be easy to replace

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
On relatively the same note, 156 face lift black/red dials, should those be illuminated when ignition is on ? find the temp , fuel etc very dark during the day.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I dont know about the face lift but the black / red in the pre face lift are illuminated during the day - the control for this comes from the instruments themselves - I think the rev counter

·
Registered
80 Posts
On relatively the same note, 156 face lift black/red dials, should those be illuminated when ignition is on ? find the temp , fuel etc very dark during the day.
Mine don't light up it thats any help, but I do have a habit of driving around with my lights on, so it has never bothered me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's quite an easy job to do. You will find a screw holding the speedo in. Undo that and gently ease the cowling out. Then you will see the screws holding the speedo in. undo these but dont drop the screws as I did. Then you can get the speedo out and change both bulbs. Be careful on refitting the speedo as I broke a mounting bracket off and had to use a washer to clamp it in posistion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts