Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I still searching for a selespeed took on out for a good test drive yesterday it seemed a bit slow to me My 75 got loads more grunt it it. Is it that car or the selespeed box or just me not used to the car. It just felt slow and no great power band after 3000 revs . I have never driven a TS before and was expecting a bit more.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi, not sure how much you know about Selespeed but on the 147 (came after 156 system), more than 60% throttle and over 5K rpm the gear change happens in 0.4 sec. anything less than those parameters and it is 0.7+ sec. I assume 156 had a similar process.

If you are refering to TS (assuming 2Lt)that's going to be way down on BHP compared to your 3Lt. and a heavier car I think than a 75.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Comparing a relatively unrestricted 3.0V6 12v to a catted 2.0TS 16v isn't really a good idea.

The 3.0V6 will obviously have a lot more torque.
The 3.0V6 will have around 185bhp, compared to the 155bhp (up to Sept2000) or 150bhp (after Sept2000) of the 2.0TS 16v.

However, it is also possible that the 156 was in need of a new MAF sensor, which would be restricting power and slowing the car.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The lack of torque and low down power of the 2.0TS is probably what you are experiencing but could also just be a poor engine.

You do need to drive them hard to get the best from them - its a totally different engine experience from the V6 especially the 3.0V6

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
What they all said.:): We :inlove: our Sele' she is Par Excellence, Nulli Secondus, well summat like that, you know how I muddle through?:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought that it was me. Dam the 75 does spoil me. Still I`ll think about it. It is a shame they dont do a v6 selespeed that would be fun. I loved the steering wheel gear change and city mode was verry impressive as well. I was imprerssed but down on power, still its not for me its for the wife so I guess I should shut up and get it for her. :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
As David says, real enjoyable performers, with that powerful motor.:): Some of the guys on AO reckon they are the absolute answer, and rave about them.:):

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Yes it would still be over £4000 for a GTA Selespeed.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi, not sure how much you know about Selespeed but on the 147 (came after 156 system), more than 60% throttle and over 5K rpm the gear change happens in 0.4 sec. anything less than those parameters and it is 0.7+ sec. I assume 156 had a similar process.

If you are refering to TS (assuming 2Lt)that's going to be way down on BHP compared to your 3Lt. and a heavier car I think than a 75.
exactly. People tend to think the sele is slow until they learn how to drive it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I done it now just got her a vetra 2.5 v6 auto on ebay instead for £600 and we saving up for a GTA for next year instead. Seems a more sensible option. We do love v6s. Now how do I get a V8 in my Land Rover

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
a Vectra 2.5 with auto has far less power than a 2 litre selespeed
an auto looses at least 10% power in the transmission.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts