Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right then had my 156 for 2 days now and overall I love it to bits, but I have a little issue with the selespeed now it works fine, both in city and manual as a whole no jerking hardly any noises when changing no noises at idle, had a problem with it selecting reverse but found driving foward a tad and trying again sorts this, not had it drop into neutral or lost drive or anything like that, but 4th is becoming a tad strange when I am driving the car with very little throtle it goes to change to fourth leaves the clutch open for a few seconds and then selects 5th instead now it does the same on the down shift aswell goes for 4th and finds 3rd now while its doing this theres no noises from the box(i.e doesnt sound like its trying to engage 4th) now if I drive and change with the revs over 4-5k 9 out of ten times it finds 4the both on the up change and the down change.

Previous owner had the actuator changed a few months ago so im wondering if this isnt set up properly Im getting no lights to indicate a fualt, fluid levels are all fine, not checked battery yet Im thinking its more a sensor problem due to it being rev related or seems to be atm going to try cleaning the conections up on the sensors in morning and maybe clean all the earths ect aswell is there anything else I should look out for?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update.

I sat it on the drive engine off ignition on and went up 1-2-3-4-5 and then back down again 5-4-3-2-1 I repeated this around 10 times, and drove the car Ive now done 60-70 miles and not had a problem, does this help anyone indentify the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts