Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i have recently brought a 156 selespeed, now the problem i have is when she gets hot , it judders in first gear, it runs fine in all other gears and this only seems to happen when it is hot.
it has been to alfa and the put it on the machine and no fault code was found, i have had an oil change and spark plugs replaced, ive also changed the gear oil, which helped alittle!! can anyone give me an idea where to go next....thx martin

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
explain HOT ? 90 100 ? sounds like the clutch or release bearing is on its way out... any strange noises from the box/clutch ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when the gauge gets just over half way, it tends to happen when the car is sitting in traffic for a while. when you turn the engine on first thing it, it sort of whirls,apart from that no noises....

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Hi there, i have recently brought a 156 selespeed, now the problem i have is when she gets hot , it judders in first gear, it runs fine in all other gears and this only seems to happen when it is hot.
it has been to alfa and the put it on the machine and no fault code was found, i have had an oil change and spark plugs replaced, ive also changed the gear oil, which helped alittle!! can anyone give me an idea where to go next....thx martin
I've seen this before and I've actually fixed one this year, it had a minor judder when taking up drive and you noticed it more when hot because the engine has more power, the one I fixed had the gearbox main bearing destroyed and the clutch had been used to replace it, pretty extreme I give you, but you could still drive that car normally.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx smaky, so would you say i need to replace the clutch???? or is there a smaller fix i can do to solve the problem?? im a little short of cash so options would be helpful.....many thx martin

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
you can try a calibrate with Alfadia..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi just had a thought, is it worth getting calibrated, if it onlyhappens whn it is hot???? would this be of beneift???? thx martin

·
Registered
28 Posts
all, iv have the problem as stated, but bit worse than a judder, more heavy that that. and traffic is awful. its gone in, its had a screw a replacement clutch release bearing and a new clutch, i will report more when i get it back, (saturday 4th or monday 6th)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi m8, i fear its the clutch.....can you tell me how much it cost you, i think this alfa is going on ebay.....it is a shame, its a lovley car..would be interested how much you paided to get it fixed! many thanks martin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well you could say i have been unlucky that i have had to put it in the garage after only 1 week of driving it. but im lucky due to having a warranty on it. This warranty has a limit of 1k, but i dont think its close to that. Its the labour that kills the wallet, 6.5 hours to replace clutch i got told. Not sure if it has fully fixed the problem but i will report tomorrow when i get it back

·
Registered
28 Posts
Update for CanaryClaude. Went to pick up the 147 selespeed, It's had a replacement clutch release bearing (shattered old one) and a new clutch, not needed however was decided to put one in due to the labour already included. Not i repeat not got the car back yet due to the mechanic not calibrating the gearbox/clutch on the ecu. Should, hopefully be this afternoon, 8th Oct

1 - 16 of 16 Posts