Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is other posts about this but I have only one question.
Found this procedure on several forums:
Load up Examiner or Alfadiag and select the "Selespeed" ECU, connect and then go to the "Sensor" tab, in the drop down menu select "Clutch Adjustment Position" and check the position on the graph. If it is outside of 28 - 28.5mm then continue, otherwise your done.

On my alfaobd PC and Android versions it says
Current length: 20.664mm, it should be between 17.68-19.32mm

Should I adjust 28-28.5 or 17.68-19.32, and what will I get as a result of adjusting?
Thanks

P.S. The test was done on cold engine only with ignition on, before the test changed the gears few times 1,2 and R

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Ivanco,

I'm very confused about the values quoted on your mobile OBD App...:alien:

I don't know where they got those values from, but everywhere you look, you'll see 28 to 28.5 mm for the SS clutch rod adjustment.

But, maybe I'm missing something here...

Good luck! :thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know there is other posts about this but I have only one question.
Found this procedure on several forums:
Load up Examiner or Alfadiag and select the "Selespeed" ECU, connect and then go to the "Sensor" tab, in the drop down menu select "Clutch Adjustment Position" and check the position on the graph. If it is outside of 28 - 28.5mm then continue, otherwise your done.

On my alfaobd PC and Android versions it says
Current length: 20.664mm, it should be between 17.68-19.32mm

Should I adjust 28-28.5 or 17.68-19.32, and what will I get as a result of adjusting?
Thanks

P.S. The test was done on cold engine only with ignition on, before the test changed the gears few times 1,2 and R
I am confused too..is the parimeter correct? My mech is using alfaobd too...it skip gear 2 at times

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried yesterday to adjust to 28mm no luck the push rod is too short max. 25.54mm so I returned to 23.4mm and tried but I think is worse. When I accelerate hard I fill like the clutch is slipping, so today I will try to take it around 18mm and see the difference.
Mine was around 20mm and didn't have any problems just wanted to try this.
Also last year the gearbox was removed to change the selling rings on the balance shaft and the whole clutch is in great condition.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I adjusted the clutch to 18.03 and there is a difference the gears change much quicker.
But I am still wondering why everywhere I look it says 28mm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts