Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 year 156 selespeed sportwagon,when driving at a steady speed the accelerator is like an on off switch there is no in between,ie if you release the throttle slowly bang the power is gone,and if you press it down slowly bang the powers back on,if you try to accelerate slowly in neutral it,s impossible to hold the engine revs at 2500 rpm,it either falls to 1500 or revs up to 3000+,i have changed air mass meter,throttle body,checked accelerator potentionmeter with the examiner,done the 90 sec on 90 sec off 90 on,after cleaning the throttle body all no good,still the same,anyone got any ideas or had the same problem,thanks it,s fine under acceleration or deceleration its only if you try to maintain a steady speed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
it may not be your potentiometer , i have had a throttle problem recently but fixed it by firstly removing the glove box , then trace the cable from the 'pot' , behind the heater/blower unit and to the left of the airbag container to a white connector . Check this connector out , i did , unplugged it , sprayed plug and socket with wd40 , taped it up and that was the end of the throttle problem . give it a go . it might work .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts