Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've recently had the thermostat (due to low temperature) then shortly afterwards the radiator (due to weeping) changed on my 156 Sele.

After the rad was changed, the engine temperature now constantly swings between 90 and the quarter mark every couple of minutes.

The garage says 'they all do this'!

Doesn't seem right to me. Any comments please?

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Do you have the A/C turned on?
If you do, the temperature should be very stable.
Mine is sitting with the needle on the "9" of 90 at the moment, completely stable no matter what speed or outside temperature.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David. The problem seems to be the same whether aircon is off or on. Interesting to hear your temp is stable. Mine also used to be!

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Registered
187 Posts
i recently saw a 156 with engine temperature lower, somewhere at "8". is this a sign of trouble or its normal?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Although I have only had mine for 2 days it sits at about 70 which is a lot lower than my previous Golf GTi's which sat at about 90+

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Mine runs up to 90, thermostat opens, drops to 75 then settles out about 80-85'c on the gauge. Alfadiag says my gauge reads 5-6'c low, though.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It should stay solid between 85 and 90. I had this problem had the thermostat replaced and now it sits solid on 90. Aircon on or off hot or cold weather..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Had the same after a radiator change it never went above normal operating temp but swung between 70/90 but it seems to have sorted itself Maybe it had a bit of air trapped and was causing a false reading

1 - 9 of 9 Posts