Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a problem of the engine cutting out when starting from cold.This happens when driving in manual mode & braking to slow down.Fault occurs for about the first couple of miles and then seems OK.Can be very disconcerting as you lose power steering.
Any idears

·
Registered
29,994 Posts
This was fixed by the 4407 software update 10-years ago...

Sounds like yours wasn't updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2002 model done 65k had it 3 years with only the occasional engine management light coming on and then staying off. Did have a brake pipe burst on the MOT brake test due to chafing.Otherwise still going?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fault only occured last year then dissapeared untill now.It seems to happen in damp or cold weather.Its ok if you manualy change down to keep revs up when slowing down?

·
Registered
29,994 Posts
Fault only occured last year then dissapeared untill now.It seems to happen in damp or cold weather.Its ok if you manualy change down to keep revs up when slowing down?
Mine started doing it towards the end of 2001.
It became VERY annoying, stalling the first time you came close to a standstill while the engine was cold. The system also became very confused and wouldn't allow the pump to run to get Neutral and therefore wouldn't allow the engine to turn over either. As I said, very annoying!!
I started to get round it by selecting Neutral just before stopping until it was warm.
Main dealer had several attempts at sorting it to no avail, even replacing the Selespeed actuator under warranty, although there was nothing wrong with the original one.
I found out about the 4407 update on another forum and informed the main dealer about it. They didn't have the update, but eventually got it in early 2002. Once updated it was fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts