Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these in my car at the moment:

whilst they are fairly comfy I'm looking for something a little more supportive.

found these would anyone know if:

a) they are more supportive...better bolstered than the ones I have
b) are the a direct fitment? (airbag etc etc?)

·
Registered
387 Posts
i don't see your old ones having airbags in so it will be easy swap assuming that new seats are from the same model

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
The recaro's (second pic) are much more supportive. I have these in my v6 and they are also very comfy and ive driven 400 miles in one trip without feeling sore.

My friend said that they are more supportive than the GTA seats in my other car (I kind of agree) although they are alot harder. I had the standard MOMO seats in your first pic before the GTA seats.

They are a direct replacement regarding bolting them in although they are normally electric and so youll have to dig out the cables from under your carpet to power them.

Go for it as they also look fantastic :thumbup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The recaro's (second pic) are much more supportive. I have these in my v6 and they are also very comfy and ive driven 400 miles in one trip without feeling sore.

My friend said that they are more supportive than the GTA seats in my other car (I kind of agree) although they are alot harder. I had the standard MOMO seats in your first pic before the GTA seats.

They are a direct replacement regarding bolting them in although they are normally electric and so youll have to dig out the cables from under your carpet to power them.

superb :) thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts

Hi,

I'm trying to do this seat swap in my 156
at the moment, but I can't find the cables for the power seats.... Where should I look?

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Power seats?

As far as I know, the only power seats ever fitted to the 156 series was the GTA seats that had powered seatback incline adjust. All the other adjustments of the GTA seats were manual.

I have also had the Recaro seats that came in the 156 Ti and they weren't powered at all (great seats, though!) and the normal 156 seats also didn't have power.

Perhaps the person is talking about the airbag connector cables? Yellow cables, they are.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Actually, come to think of it, I think the Ti seats does have powered seatback recline as well. Scratch my previous comment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have done that exact switch in my car. They are a direct swap and they have electric back rest adjustment - The cables for the drivers side a very easy just loose if you follow the cable for your air bags from the seat. The passenger side wires are really really dug deep under the floor and a nightmare to get to.

They are a much more comfortable seat and do give a lot more support.

I got mine for £100 :D Absolute steal haha.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts