Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

Just say howdy from the land down under (New Zealand).

Bought my 156 2.0 TS (pre-loved) a couple of months ago by impulse (though I have always liked Alfa since I was a kid as father had a GTV, still remebered the perforated tan leather seats).

Love the look and interiors, the feel, the smell but I must say the low end torgue is a bit disappointing and talking of reliability, it had to be towed the second morning after I had the car. Apparantly a bush in the gear box went astray and prevented the gear shaft from selecting the gear (that was what I was told). The dealer down here is absolutley fab in their service though I am bound to have another opinion when I receive the bill!

Radio transmission (as I have read elsewhere in the posting) is not the best but passable as I mostly listened to news on AM and play CDs for music.

One perplexing thing is, I could not find anywhere in the user manual that tells me what the right tyre pressure is!

Ok, so much for now, thanks for allowing me to join the club, the postings here will give me hours of interesting reading, apart from enlightening this newbie.

Peace and prosperity to all.

PrincipioRossi

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Torque is not great on these engines but you learn to drive around it.......just use lots of revs :D

Tyre pressures.....I run 35-36psi front and 33-34 rear. But it is worth experimenting a bit with +-2-3psi as some tyres work better at different pressures.

A few words of warning - you must check your engine oil regularly as some engines use a huge amount and some dont (like mine :) ) but there doesnt seem to be any reason why some do and some dont. Also the timing belts need changed at 3 years or 36k miles - too many have failed before the 5 years / 72k miles that Alfa recommend.

BTW welcome to AO and enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and welcome along !! :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts