Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've got a 2001 156 2L TS project car. If I try to accelerate hard the engine stutters/bogs down? But if I back off the throttle or accelerate slowly it picks up fine. It's worse in 1st and 2nd gear but once I'm up into 3rd it's fine. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas before I start firing the parts cannon. The engine light isn't on and I tried disconnecting the MAF sensor but that made it a million times worse. I also tried a different set of coils on in case they were breaking down under load but they made no difference. I was thinking either something fuel related or maybe the variator is seized? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello. I had something similar with my old 1.8 ts. I found a very small split in the inlet hose between the maf and the throttle body on the flexi part. Bit of gaffer tape later and all was well. Might be worth a look on yours. Good luck though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I heard that was a common fault so it was the first thing I checked but I couldn't see any split anywhere :( thanks for the suggestion though :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts