Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi Fruity, well I don't want to talk about that place in Royston, there are other issues. I've pretty much decided to get Sachs springs, as it seems they are the only supplier that lists different part numbers for the same car with or without A/C, so that gives me some reassurance they are making springs in an accurate way. TRW also seem to do this, but finding a supplier seems almost impossible. All the other brands are making generic 156 springs, so I would expect a 1.8 with no AC to sit much higher than a 2.0 with AC. Also I see Sachs lists different dampers for standard and sport suspension, so I guess this might be the camber error I have in the rear.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
This may be interesting;

and;
WebCat (which is ZF catalogue which includes brands such as Sachs, TRW, Boge, Lemforder)

I think there has been a wholesale parts rationalisation for our cars given they are older and few.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Interesting. I usually get my service parts from eurospares, as they have a van and deliver locally. Now they won't tell me the Sachs part number of the springs they have on thier website - how silly is that! I've been looking at a number of on-line places and they all seem to be based in Berlin.
Company
Those used springs are begining to look much more appealing now!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts