Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so the radio a blauplunkt vancouver cd36... don't think thats stock :confused: i've tired swapping the 12v wit the ign wire no joy....any ideas ??? Should i just drop kick the blauplunk or does this happen in all 156's, its my first and its a joy :) please help me :thumbs:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
The stereo is not stock, so if it doesn't work then it's not Alfas fault, but has the fuse blown? Does it light up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok sorry didn't explan that post great . . . radio work fine just won't switch on and off wit the ign :cry:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I will have a look - there is a way around it, as when I fitted a Sony unit to my old Ford Focus, there was the same issue, and there was a way of doing it - as i changed it so that it switches off with the ignition.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the cig lighter :thumbs: will it be heavy on the fuse though :confused:....... thanks for the help lads its appreciated :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
perfect, tommorow evenings project.... just finshed fixing my rev counter tonight, thats on another tread ...Gift :thumbs:

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
the cig lighter :thumbs: will it be heavy on the fuse though :confused:.
not heavy on current draw, so not a problem. we are talking about an 'electrical trigger' to turn the headunit on/off. the main power still feeds via the 'constant' +12V wire in the factory radio plug.

so you need to connect the RED powerwire (usually called 'ACC' (ACCessories)) on the aftermarket headunit to a suitable 'switched' +12V wire (ie: 0V with ignition key off, and +12V with key on), like the cigarette powerwire.

leave the YELLOW 'constant' powerwire from the aftermarket headunit connected to the alfa radio plug. it should be connected to wire #7 in the alfa plug (ie: YELLOW goes to #7 for the 'constant' supply).

some alfa's do have a switched wire at position #4 in the same radio plug, but i figure yours does not. if there is a wire there, then use a multimeter to confirm its function before connecting it up. you should also do the same (ie: use a multimeter) for the cigarette wire before connecting things up. there are probably 3 wires to the cigarette lighter: 'switched' +12V, GND, and illumination.

:)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
btw, for peace of mind and safety, worth adding an inline fuse for the wire connecting to the cig wire. something like a 1~3A 3AG glass fuse.

:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
all done :D perfect now, i'll probably drop in a line fuse when my ipod cable arrives, cheers for the help :thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts