Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I need to replace the rad on my 156TS AC shortly before it goes pop.

I have read some threads on here and it appears that the bumper needs to come off.

Why?

It does not looks too hideous a job its just the A/C rad I am concerned about.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ta

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I did mine without taking the bumper off, but it was mega-fiddly.

You have to balance this against the hassle of undoing the torx bolts that secure the bumper to the wing though, which are almost guaranteed to round / be a complete pain in the ******* **** ****. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Drop the rad down from the bottom, I did mine without taking the bumper off, but the bolts that hold the A/C condensor to it are a pain to remove..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Ta for the help guys, I will give it a go. It can be any worse that sorted by back brakes out yesterday. If could rust, it had. If it could seize, it had. If it could snap off with minimal force, it did.
Nevertheless, I do love this car!

Cheers.

·
Banned
871 Posts
Bit the bullet and did mine from the top with the bumper off, also changed the stat at the same time.
Not a bad job to be fair, a bit daunting when I started, but once I got going it was fine.
I personally would say get the bumper off coz it came off easy, and it went back on easy too.
The thermostat is relatively cheap and you've gotta drain the coolant anyway ( just a thought ).
I'd be surprised if you round off the screws for the bumper ( torx ), althogh I did break one screw and that snapped off in the old rad.
:thumbs:
But no major probs really.
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts