Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
If the battery light comes on, it points to the alternator, yes. It sounds like the car has also gone into "limp mode". Is the engine management light on?

Though, the fact that you say you washed the engine bay means that it could basically be anywhere in the electrics that you've created an issue, especially if you did not carefully cover all electrics before washing.

It's too late now, but here is sage advice: Never wash the engine bay by spraying water. Never. On any car. Use a damp cloth at most.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Seems like, based on your previous msg, you still have problems with water in connections etc.....
The only solution is to check all connections and dry them out, possibly spray them with silicone oil to drive out any water.....
Speedsignal for speedo etc. comes from abs computer, so you probably have a (water?) problem there.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx as soon as alternator is back i will check the connectors.

It was a total ***** to remove the alternator .... i litterally had to drop half the motor to get it out from the back side...
What kind of design was that ....... so not user friendly lol

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
The reason for the alternator in such a stupid place is because the engine was originally designed to be mounted longitudinally. In a longitudinal orientation, the alternator would be at the front of the engine, on the right - easily accessible from below.

When the engine was turned 90 degrees in the front-wheel-drive cars, the alternator mounting was not changed (would have necessitated a partial redesign), and it unfortunately ended up where it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys thx for trying to help but my problem still isnt solved after rebuilding thr alternator
The battery is charging but it is still in limb mode
It wont rev pass 1500rpm
What should i do ?

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
You need to put it on multiecuscan to read codes and find out what you killed when you washed the engine bay ...

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Ok guys thx for trying to help but my problem still isnt solved after rebuilding thr alternator
The battery is charging but it is still in limb mode
It wont rev pass 1500rpm
What should i do ?
did you check/clean connectors ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi someone suggested to use the computer to scan the code, but i dont have a alfa scannerl
Where can i get a scanner from ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts