Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car leaks only when you turn the steering wheel full.

Traced it down to the pump.There's a steady stream coming out of the pump and it leaks on the aux belt.

Has this happened to anyone else?Does the pump need to be replaced?The steering is not heavy at all.

Is replacing the pump an easy job?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
276 Posts

Traced it down to the pump.There's a steady stream coming out of the pump and it leaks on the aux belt.

Has this happened to anyone else?Does the pump need to be replaced?The steering is not heavy at all.

Thanks
Chris
This has happened to me. Replace it asap before it starts eating at your aux belt. It makes the belt go all skew and limp because of the fluid dripping on it. Not sure if it's an easy job. Pump is very expensive though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has happened to me. Replace it asap before it starts eating at your aux belt. It makes the belt go all skew and limp because of the fluid dripping on it. Not sure if it's an easy job. Pump is very expensive though.
Thanks,will replace it.

Just had the cam belt service done with new aux belt,so don't want to damage the new belt.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
the 2.5 v6 engine fills the engine bay more than the 3.0 or 3.2...or is it just me, granted it was in GTV and GTA engine bays, I can't even see past the right hand side to the gearbox, too many pipes in the way, neither can I see on the left hand side. Which side is this pump and what's the easiest way to look out for what you're describing?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts

Thanks
Chris
attached is a pic,circled is where the ATF is squirting from.
Pratley it :cheese:
Hahaha - there are some high pressures running from the pump to the steering column - no putty will keep the fluids back... It is a replacement job.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Hahaha - there are some high pressures running from the pump to the steering column - no putty will keep the fluids back... It is a replacement job.
I know a welder *runs and hide*

OPn a serious note, do not take this advice to heart, it is all in jest!!!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
#tmss

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you guys recommend I use to clean the ATF off the belt and pullies?

I have Isopropyl Alchohol. Will I work,don't want to use something that will damage the belt.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts