Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone help :-

156 refuses to start ! took it to garage they found the :- but are at a bit of a loss to trace exactly what the cause is..... possible immobiliser fault ?,,the YELLOW Engine pick flashes on the dash with Ign on and the Throttle body ticks rhythmically with the lamp !!!

1). No Comms possible to Engine ECU

2). Got Comms to Anti Lock ECU pulled code P001F -CAN connection to Engine fault ?

3). Got Comms to Transmission ECU pulled codes P1760- Brake SW circuit ? U1701-CAN connection to Engine fault ? finally P0725 -Engine speed signal.

The engine turns over fine but will not fire !!

Any help would be much appreciated

regards

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone help :-

156 refuses to start ! took it to garage they found the :- but are at a bit of a loss to trace exactly what the cause is..... possible immobiliser fault ?,,the YELLOW Engine pick flashes on the dash with Ign on and the Throttle body ticks rhythmically with the lamp !!!

1). No Comms possible to Engine ECU

U1701-CAN connection to Engine fault ? finally P0725 -Engine speed signal.

The engine turns over fine but will not fire !!

Any help would be much appreciated

regards
Engine Ecu is gone:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad earth, 12v supply (fues or relay) to the ECU...
hi biffa,

any idea of what fuses are for the engine management ? ....any idea where they earth the ECU ? )..

or do you have a pinout for the ecu (its on the engine bulkhead side ) says Motronic ME21

CHEERS

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine Ecu is gone:(
Hi

Do you know where i can get the ecu tested ? is this a problem you have come a cross before ? with those codes coming from the other ecu's .....it sems like the engine ecu has fell over or could it be a wiring fault on the CAN circuit as there is no comms to the Eng ECU at all !!!

cheers

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
check the relay in front of the battery,I had an auto electrician tell me when my car did the same that the ecu had gone! Then spoke to the guy who looks after my car and he said check the relay in front of the battery.
I got a spare one put it in and hey presto away she went.Nothing wrong with the Ecu.Its the one marked ignition on the fuse cover.Good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Before face lift there was a Immobilizer ring/antena in "starter" dunno the propper word :p so when You put the key it recognize the signal and let ECU to start, there was a problem with pins on it, mean they get rusty or smth after some time?! so it need to be cleaned and it`s located under steering wheel, a white box as I remember. If someone that have Facelift version can say its still there it will be good :) hope It will help a bit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi new engine ecu cured the problem, apparently the suffer from a vibration issues as mounted on the engine cheers and good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a mechanic. Its excatly the same fault checked fuses connections. Gonna whip off the ecu and get it tested. I'll update when i hear more. Thanks Wayne

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i had same problem, turned out to be fuel pump relay which allowed no fuel to engine, easy to see if this is the case by taking fuel pipe off and turning ignition key, if fuel doesn't come out the relay or fuse is gone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts