Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group. My name's Dave, and I am a Selespeed owner.

2.0l TS 156 of 2001 vintage to be specific, in a light metallicy blue colour (sorry, not sure of the exact name). I was after a V6 sportwagon really, but ended up with a 2l saloon, but I only looked for 3 days so it's not all bad.

From the paperwork, it appears that it may have been a parallel import, but seems to be in UK spec, and maybe the sport pack or something? Dark grey Momo leather interior (nice, but I wish those seats were heated in our current climate!), 16" 5 spoke rims, sill trims and front fogs but no rear spolier. It's entirely standard apart from the head unit - rear offside window not working, occasional electrical faults (all the usuals I think!), but hey, it IS Italian.

First FWD car I've had for 5 years or so, and it handles pretty well - I was impressed. I'm sort of pining for my Scooby with all this snow though, you could drift that forever!

Though it is a very pretty car, it's currently in disgrace, as it won't start. The Selespeed pump did pack up, but I hit it with a hammer and now its fine. The same treatment didn't work with the starter though!

Nice to meet you all, safe travels :)

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO....:HAPPY:...sounds like your a pretty handy mechanic....:rolleyes:.:lol:...hope you dont need the hammer too often...:eek:

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Hello welcome and importantly .........................................

what size hammer was it ???:lol::p????????????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts