Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a 156 JTS. Red with tan leather and Selespeed wheels. Looks very nice but I'm still trying to get used to the difference in performance between that and my 164 24v. :(

Can anyone tell me:

The stereo volume always defaults back to 21 when the ignition is switched on. As the head unit is in my opinion quite rubbish (the same as fitted to our Iveco ambulances) this is actually pretty low and I'm finding it quite annoying.

How can I change the climate controls from F to C. Not being a Daily Express reader, I am fairly clueless when it comes to farenheit!

It needs a new thermostat and grille badge (both ordered) but I gather this is pretty standard. ..

Tom.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Can't help you on the stereo volume sorry - mine stays where I left it unless I shut it down at higher than 30, then it will drop back to 30 when next switched on.

To change the temp to degrees C I think you need to go into the info centre settings and it's buried somewhere in there. Pretty easy to find from memory.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm in Australia and mine is in degrees c. Maybe look for an overseas one of you are that desperate for it. It's an easy swap too just sockets.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To change the temp to degrees C I think you need to go into the info centre settings and it's buried somewhere in there. Pretty easy to find from memory.
Done that but it only changes the external temp reading to degrees C, not the ones on the climate control.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I *think* that has to be changed by dealer/indie/Ecu scan or whatever it's called. Ie, can't be done via the info centre. Stereo volume always defaults to a set volume if it's oem.

Still got the 164 I hope?!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I *think* that has to be changed by dealer/indie/Ecu scan or whatever it's called. Ie, can't be done via the info centre.
Will need a new back box at some point in the future, so I'll try and get the climate display changed at the same time.

Still got the 164 I hope?!
It's been recovered to my parents' house a few miles away (they have space for it). Waiting for a good weather/day off combo to try some more troubleshooting and take some pics of fuses and looms etc. to put on the 164 forums. Not given up on her yet by a long way.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
On the 147 you can change the temperture in the info center on the dash. I would think its similar in the 156. However I am just guessing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts