Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you might know, the 156.net forum is no more. We knew that the site was going down for a while (lack of traffic) so I took the opportunity to save some of my (hopefully) useful threads.

Remove innner part of n/s drive shaft.

Remove oil seals

Remove diff cover

Remove diff. NOTE: There is a shim between the casing and the offside diff bearing. Do not loose it and remember to put it back in when you re-assemble it. I zip tied mine to the oil seal to remind me.

Remove diff

Undo the 3 x 10mm bolts holding the oil seal around the input shaft and remove the seal

Remove the gear selector mechanism. (3 x 13mm bolts) I took a load of pics of this as I intend to write a how to guide to cure the still gear selection problem)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

gear selector cable doodahs:

stand the gearbox on its end - bell housing down (I didn't at this stage as I was still draining oil out of it.) And unbolt all the 13mm bolts holding the outer casing onto the bell housing:

Then remove the 17mm bolt near the nearside engine mount that screws into the gear clusters inside. (I'll get a pic tonight)

In theory, you slide the end of the gear box off the bell housing, leaving the gears mounted on the bell housing.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Hi Chris, Thanks for taking the time to save these threads. your content has always been an excellent resource.

Reactions: Chris155

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Here here. Super work Chris! Thank you, absolutely vital works of art!

Reactions: Chris155

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, i just found this topic and it will be very useful this week: i just bought a 3.2 gta gearbox to fix from a scrapyard, only the 4th speed can be put in gear, any other one according to the seller
sorry for poor english, i'm in france, i would like to share the teardown with you, do i need to open an other topic ?
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts