Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 156 has been running a bit rough lately, fuel consumption down, slightly rough idling and the odd stall.

So as I had the morning all to myself I took the chance to clean my CDA air filter. Took me an age to dismantle enough things to get it out of the car to clean but managed it with out any major trauma's or injuries.

Cleaned it up (amazing how much dirt and how many flies were in it!) with a K&N cleaning kit, let it dry while it absolutely bucketed down. Then after watching some olympic action re-oiled it. Miraculously the rain had stopped allowing me to re-fit it! :)

Ran it for 10 mins or so without the MAF fitted. While it was doing that I cleaned the MAF (happened to have some contact cleaner someone had loaned us). Refitted the MAF, topped up the oil and water and did an ECU reset for good measure.

Then went out for a half hour drive in bl00dy awful weather, raining so hard the feeble 156 wipers couldn't keep up! Drove very smoothly, no stalling or hestitation at all :) so a couple of hours work well spent! :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hi,

My 156 has been running a bit rough lately, fuel consumption down, slightly rough idling and the odd stall.

So as I had the morning all to myself I took the chance to clean my CDA air filter. Took me an age to dismantle enough things to get it out of the car to clean but managed it with out any major trauma's or injuries.

Cleaned it up (amazing how much dirt and how many flies were in it!) with a K&N cleaning kit, let it dry while it absolutely bucketed down. Then after watching some olympic action re-oiled it. Miraculously the rain had stopped allowing me to re-fit it! :)

Ran it for 10 mins or so without the MAF fitted. While it was doing that I cleaned the MAF (happened to have some contact cleaner someone had loaned us). Refitted the MAF, topped up the oil and water and did an ECU reset for good measure.

Then went out for a half hour drive in bl00dy awful weather, raining so hard the feeble 156 wipers couldn't keep up! Drove very smoothly, no stalling or hestitation at all :) so a couple of hours work well spent! :)
Good call was indeed time well spent:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Now get some Bosch Aerotwin blades and you can enjoy driving in the wet, and see where you are going too.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now get some Bosch Aerotwin blades and you can enjoy driving in the wet, and see where you are going too.
Lol! I have some valeo flat blades, they just couldn't keep up with the torrential downpour we had!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts