Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent over a grand at AutoLusso. Phew. Ive said it. That's better! One of the jobs was replacing both drive shafts as I had a vibration at 40, then at 70 plus where it got steadily heavier. Had shafts done along with all front arms, arb and poly bushes, tracking and cam belt. But vibration is still there! I've adjusted handbrake as it was binding. 40 mph wobble has gone but still there at 80 and you can feel a definate vibration when accelerating. Any ideas?? PS autolusso have been spot on. No problems there. But this is weird and I have to sort it! All discs were new recently but binding rear is a little cooked. Front right gets hotter than others but doesn't appear to bind. Can't think it's wheel balance?,

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Just spent over a grand at AutoLusso. Phew. Ive said it. That's better! One of the jobs was replacing both drive shafts as I had a vibration at 40, then at 70 plus where it got steadily heavier. Had shafts done along with all front arms, arb and poly bushes, tracking and cam belt. But vibration is still there! I've adjusted handbrake as it was binding. 40 mph wobble has gone but still there at 80 and you can feel a definate vibration when accelerating. Any ideas?? PS autolusso have been spot on. No problems there. But this is weird and I have to sort it! All discs were new recently but binding rear is a little cooked. Front right gets hotter than others but doesn't appear to bind. Can't think it's wheel balance?,
I'd get alignment, wheel balance, and tread wear pattern checked out.. Can cause all sorts of wobbles and noises if you've got some misalignment/balance issues...

·
Registered
48 Posts
It can be engine mountings which I have that problem on my 147 q2 jtd. I think our mjets are not binding to chassis in a better way than ts engines. We are heavier but slightly they're using similar mountings.

If it happens at max torque, check them out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be wheel balance but surely you checked this before spending £1000.
Chortle! The grand's worth of work wasn't just to stop the vibration! It had knockings and bangings of all flavours and needed a cambelt. I just expected the driveshafts to be the cause of the vibration but it would appear that they weren't............

It can be engine mountings which I have that problem on my 147 q2 jtd. I think our mjets are not binding to chassis in a better way than ts engines. We are heavier but slightly they're using similar mountings.

If it happens at max torque, check them out.
There is definitely a vibration at max torque. I assumed this to be related to the shake at 80mph but they may well be separate problems. Autolusso did mention that the mounts seemed worn. I may start here! Thanks all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts