Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the utter b*****d that sold me my car has yet to send the locking wheelnut key for my V6 :mad: She needs arb/bushes done and maybe drop links so I really need them off!!

Anyone know of someone who can get them of near-ish Winchester, Hampshire or any technique that can?

Man that makes me mad. Selfish supposed "alfa fan" I've a good mind to send some of the lads round....

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had the same problem on my 146, the only way to remove them involved damaging them terminally.

Take I believe a 17mm socket and smash it onto the locking wheel nut, make sure it's right on the nut and it should be insanely tight then just undo as normal.

A word of warning if you choose this method then it's probably best to have replacement bolts and ensure you have 4 17mm sockets as it's impossible to remove the bolt from the socket following removal.

Or hastle the T**t that sold you the motor to send the damn key socket asap.

K

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem on my 146, the only way to remove them involved damaging them terminally.

Take I believe a 17mm socket and smash it onto the locking wheel nut, make sure it's right on the nut and it should be insanely tight then just undo as normal.

A word of warning if you choose this method then it's probably best to have replacement bolts and ensure you have 4 17mm sockets as it's impossible to remove the bolt from the socket following removal.

Or hastle the T**t that sold you the motor to send the damn key socket asap.
As long as the nuts are of the variety where the key fits around the outside of the bolts, that technique works a treat.

If you've got a vice and aren't afraid of using a hammer, you might be able to retrieve a socket or two once the bolts are off.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Go to your local official dealer and they should be able to get them off for a few quid with no damage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, mate has a 'laser wheel nut remover' so I'll have a go at hammering that bad boy on one of them first I think as I read that the dealers charge a fair bit for it.

Don't think they are the type that have a free-moving jacket round the outside and just so happens that my father has a set of 4 new ones WITH A KEY! from his old 156 SW so might work out ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts