Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2L TS, 2001, 50k to date.

kept fairly standard, how long can i expect to get out of her if maintained well?

she is in good order so far and service etc up to date.

what is average life expectancy miles/years?

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Belts and ancilleries. All lubricants attended to, especially engine with filter. The road can be a long, long one. Forever?:):

H

·
0 Posts
Like any other car on the road.

Look after it, and when it does go wrong get the job done properly, and you'll get bored and sell it on long before it finally goes to the great scrapyard in the sky

·
Premium Member
45,007 Posts
Time to get rid of it is when it starts to cost more to keep on the road than its worth, unless you have a fondness for the car and are keeping it for sentimental reasons.

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
As far a ageing of the design, however, the first ones are now 10 years old, and they still look great. I noticed a nice red 156 2.0TS in the traffic in front of me the other day, from the plates it was a very early car. It is amazing that they do not age at all.... it still looks like something only launched a few weeks ago.

Mechanically, as has been said above, it depends on how the car is cared for. My Junior is now 36 years old, and still going strong . The body has been fixed and re-painted, but the mechanics are mostly original......

I think the downfall of the 156s would be the electrical system......

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i can see eletrics being an issue eventually.

mine needs a rear window motor (like many) and the odometer went out once, but a tap on the dash fixed it.

fingers crossed for a few more years

1 - 10 of 10 Posts