Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people. i currently own a 156 jts 03 plate witch has done about 77k. recently it has started to Misfire when driving. as of the other day it never done it enough for the engine light to come on. so i have changed the fuel filter and the maf witch made no difference. so any ways the other day i just pulled up onto the drive and the engine light come on for maybe 10 seconds and went off. so i plug the code reader in and it come up with Misfire on cylinder number 2. so i have put the ignition coil from number 2 into 3. still getting a Misfire but doesn't seem to do it long enough to register a fault. I've got a quote from a local supplier for a new coil but didn't want to spend 50 quid if its not that. any one got any ideas? or someone local to Peterborough with the fiat scan that wouldn't mind having a look. thanks.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi people. i currently own a 156 jts 03 plate witch has done about 77k. recently it has started to Misfire when driving. as of the other day it never done it enough for the engine light to come on. so i have changed the fuel filter and the maf witch made no difference. so any ways the other day i just pulled up onto the drive and the engine light come on for maybe 10 seconds and went off. so i plug the code reader in and it come up with Misfire on cylinder number 2. so i have put the ignition coil from number 2 into 3. still getting a Misfire but doesn't seem to do it long enough to register a fault. I've got a quote from a local supplier for a new coil but didn't want to spend 50 quid if its not that. any one got any ideas? or someone local to Peterborough with the fiat scan that wouldn't mind having a look. thanks.
did you erase codes ?:thumbs:

L

·
0 Posts
perhaps try swapping the cyl 2 plug around to cyl 1, to see if the misfire shows up on cyl 1. the HT packs are a well know issue with JTS engines

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i reset the code. will try swapping the plugs haven't had a look at them yet. how often are you ment to change them on the jts?

L

·
0 Posts
I know that TS is every 60k miles, so the JTS I think should be the same or perhaps 10k less, say 50k

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok people thanks for all you're help. i took the plugs out they was all light brown colour so that's good? any way the plugs in the car were Denso pk20ptr. don't look the best quality. the centre core was really long so i would guess the spark would be all over the place. went to my local car spears shop and got myself some Ngk laser platinum plugs at 10quid a pop. seems to have cured the random Misfire.

L

·
0 Posts
JTS love NGK plugs, followed in 2nd place by Bosch, they dislike anything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts