Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2005 156 JTS 2.0 Sportwagon after 5 years with my 2001 1.8 TS and, the engine layout is different! So can someone tell me where the thermostat is on the JTS? Its a job I did on the 2001 but it looks like its been moved for the JTS 2005 layout Thanks!

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
I just got a 2005 156 JTS 2.0 Sportwagon after 5 years with my 2001 1.8 TS and, the engine layout is different! So can someone tell me where the thermostat is on the JTS?
The engine layout is EXACTLY the same as your 1.8TS and the thermostat is in exactly the same place on the 2.0JTS.
The only difference is that the JTS has a high pressure fuel pump on the end of the camshaft. Maybe that is confusing you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine layout is EXACTLY the same as your 1.8TS and the thermostat is in exactly the same place on the 2.0JTS.
The only difference is that the JTS has a high pressure fuel pump on the end of the camshaft. Maybe that is confusing you.
What's confusing me is the engine cover is different and bigger on the 2005 JTS, and perhaps covering some parts that I could clearly see on the 2001 TS engine, plus the air intake pipe is different too, that is also larger and doesn't have the MAF slotted in halfway. So is the thermostat at the back right but hidden by the engine cover? I can't find anything with a google search on this at all.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Remove the engine cover (put it somewhere safe it's not needed). Find the radiator top hose and go from there until you find something that resembles a thermostat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remove the engine cover (put it somewhere safe it's not needed). Find the radiator top hose and go from there until you find something that resembles a thermostat.
Found the thermostat. Probably the same ease of difficulty changing it as on the 2001. I notice the maf is now located directly on top of the air filter box on this engine now. Hmnn! Not so easy if, correction, when it decides to throw a tantrum! Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts