Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie to the site and i must say it's looks pretty impressive, however I've been buying Alfa's for years and am now on my 4th 156 which is the only one to cause me any trouble :mad:.

The car is a 55 plate 156 2.4 JTDm (180 bhp)which has covered around 65,000. It had a major service 3 months ago which included all the belts and idlers etc.

The car has developed a terrible cold start. When it starts up it sounds like a tractor and seems to only be running on a number of cylinders. It will continue to run rough until the engine is up to temperature.Once the engine is hot it is fine but even when the engine is hot if you have low engine revs or depress the clutch the engine nearly cuts out or is very juddery.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this. My son who is up on cars says it may be the injectors or I have read something about a DPF causing these symptoms?

Thanks in advance
Owen

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Could be a Semi blocked injector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been advised by my son to get a tank of Shell V Power / BP Ultimate and some Millers Sport Diesel additive as I've run her on Tesco's diesel for most of her life. I've just seen some of the posts about it and I won't be using it again.............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts