Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I have a 2000 alfa 156 sportwagon 1.9 jtd 77 kw and 8v. About 1 year ago i noticed some vibration on idle around 1200-2000 rpm when i give it a little throttle. The vibrations are there and when I'm driving but they are not so noticeable when driving, maybe little at 2000rpm. Also big vibrations when i start in 1 gear if i don't give it more throttle. What can be the cause of the vibration?
And one more thing: when i drive for example in 4th gear if i leave the gas pedal fast and push again i hear some clanc/clanc sound that i think is coming from somewhere around the gearbox.
Any answer is welcomed. I just pray it is not DMF.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Agreed, unfortunately.
It would be worth carefully checking the crankshaft pulley damper (that won't explain the clunk though).
Also check engine mountings for very excessive movement but it looks the DMF has excess wear.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
engine and gearbox mounts worth checking too.

Reactions: vonuzu

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping on different answers. The DMF is so expensive.. Damn I don't know should I invest in the car anymore, or buy a 159. But I'm so attached to my alfa..
Anyway about the vibrations I read somewhere in the forum that the vibrations could be related to the injectors? Is it possible?
Lol I'm just hoping to Not be the flywheel.. Hehe.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts