Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just purchased a 99 T plate 156 JTD in red :) Black leather interior, absolute beauty. Only downside is it has 121k on the clock but as i know from previous diesels if you look after them they will run and run.

2 questions, being a 99 T what bhp engine is this?

and the other, had cambelt and tensioners etc done in the last few thousand miles but doesnt look like waterpump was done, is this engine susceptible to the waterpump failure?

Many thanks in advance. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine is a t plate. The old 136bhp engine is fitted (silver cover) many seem not to like this engine but mine was remapped many years ago and is still strong at 165k. The original waterpumps had plastic impellars which can break and cause the car to run hot. Mine got changed at 150k for the first time and car ran much cooler so i had to change the thermostat to get it to run at 90. Dont think they are prone to siezing and causing damage to the belt though. Make sure she runs at 90 or you will use about 10% more fuel and thermostat is easy on the 136bhp engine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do thanks for your advice, would you advise i get it remapped? And what sort of money are we talking for a remap?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
If your water pump failure is only an issue for the 20v/16v as the water pump locks up causing the cambelt to break, this doesn't happen on your car ... as for the remap, you should get a good one for about £300 ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts