Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry what I was trying to say before I pressed the wrong button was I love my 156 JTD 16v Multijet, but the thing just does everything to make me want to sell it.

After frequent trips to various garages for Map sensors, replacement turbo pipes, fuel injector pipes etc etc it goes and breaks down the day before it was supposed to be taking me the wife and my baby daughter to France for our summer holiday. It has now broken its cambelt and I've been quoted £3,400 for a replacement engine and £2,000 if I can get away with a replacement head. The car is probably only worth £4000.

Should I have it exorcised before carrying out any further work on it?

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Hi Dave, welcome aboard.....:) .....really sorry to hear about ya car...hope you get it sorted soon.

·
Vendor
46,138 Posts
Is it less than 5 years or 72,000 miles? If so, Alfa Romeo are paying 80% of the costs of cambelt failures even if the car is out of warranty.

I suggest you get in contact with ARUK. Customer Services: 0800 2532 0000

Oh, and I bet it was your waterpump that failed, causing the cambelt to fail.

Best of luck with it, I hope this helps.

EDIT: You may want to PM Dibby on here, ask him who he spoke to at Alfa Romeo, his waterpump let go on his 147 1.9JTD and snapped his cambelt, we told him to speak to Alfa after he had it fixed and paid, Alfa agreed to 80% and mailed him out a cheque. He would be my first point of contact after letting ARUK know of the failure.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi there and welcome! :thumbs:

Tough break :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts