Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im a noobie to this site lol im looking at buying a 2.4 jtd and the fuel pump is faulty on it or these hard to change? also were abouts are they located on the car? thanks

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
lopcated behind the engine centre of the bulk head.

i loosen the filter on the housing by twisting CW, just a turn

then i remove the 2 13mm nuts that hold the entore assembly onto the bulkhead

now lift it up & out & disconnect any pipes to allow this to happen

there is a connector on the bottomn that needs to be removed, flat headed cscrewdriver.

then place the entire unit into a bucket/collection tay & fully remove filter & drain the metal parts/pipes

now clean up any dirty parts & fit the new filter.....

fitting to car is the reverse of above

to blled the filter, leave the OUTLET pipe iff, there is an arrow showing direction.

turn the key to MAR [ no further ]

when fluid being to flow out of the outlet pipe turn off key, connect that hose & start car.

it might 'jic-cup' a few time but its sort itself out.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
sorry, i read fuel FILTER, you are referring to fuel pump. :eek:

the fuel PUMP is in the tank & is best accessed by removing the lower section of the back seat

rem also that the fuel pump has a fuse & relay which activates it, if either is faulty then the pump wont work either.

also under the passengers seat is a 'fuel cutt-off' switch which may need resetting, simply press down.

these can trigger if the pass seat is moved forwards or backwards too suddenly

hope its a simple fix.... my 1st post still is good innfo for replacing the fuel filter :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i am presuming you mean the high pressure pump sears is refering to the lift pump
the hp pump is at top back left of engine if you know what i mean there is a great cheat to removing it if you look at the pulley that drives the pump you will see a couple of holes in it these are there so you can put bolts through them and line up with the plate behind it when it is bolted tight you can undo the pulley nut unbolt the pump and pull it away from behind so no need to mess with belts
be very carefull removing the fuel pressure regulator there is a chrome spike on the end of it if this stays in the pump (old one) you wont be able to use it in the new one

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
just a thought could it be the regulator thats faulty ive got a new one spare if you need one im in chester

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iv not bought the car yet heres the link what do you think minus the stickers on the back lol. also he says he is not sure if its the lift pump or the hp pump. were can you get hp pumps from and how much ish? cheers

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the hp pump is about £600 could just be the pressure regulator
but it could need a new engine its easy to say the engines mint mate when you cant hear it running
still it is cheap though

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
that could be all sorts of things pressure sensors lift pump cam/crank sensors but if it is cheap enough its worth a go surely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts