Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justo got my new JTD 2.4 - I came of the M-Way and booted it in 4th gear and a little red symbol (looked like a nozel spraying something) appeared by the rev meter then when I changed to 4th the engine sort of dropped power as if engine management had cut out. I then blipped the throttle and it was OK straight away. It did it again later on when I booted it then went off again - it only came on briefly.

WTF is this...do I need to worry ? Car has just had AFM replaced could it have something to do with this ?

Cheers - Gav.

·
Registered
327 Posts
This is your fuel injection warning light.

Id try doing a ECU reset and see if that cures your problem. Where did you have your MAF replaced, could be a faulty MAF.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK will try to do the ECU reset - assume you just pull out the relevent fuses ?

Will ask Angel on Thu/Fri when I go if the ECU reset does not fix it.

MAF sensor was changed x2 weeks ago by Autofix in Chesterfield - bill was for £212 so it was a cosha MAF sensor.

·
Registered
30,030 Posts
If you are going to Angel this week, leave it to them.
To me it sounds like your turbo is over boosting, causing the ECU to cut the engine.

W

·
0 Posts
Yup, mine has done that a few times. Turbo problem and early sign of failure apparantly (sorry!).

wrinx

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Turbo problem and early sign of failure apparantly (sorry!)."

Please no !!! Whats a turbo gonna cost...about £300 maybe ?

Is the ECU reset likely to resolve the issue as it does not do it all the time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Lee - see you have a '99 JTD 1.4 with a remap.

I'm looking at getting mine done through Angel - is it worth the money and is there a vast imporvement. I'd like a bit more power in 2nd and 3rd gear at high revs.

Cheers - Gav.

W

·
0 Posts
gav_sw20 said:
"Turbo problem and early sign of failure apparantly (sorry!)."

Please no !!! Whats a turbo gonna cost...about £300 maybe ?
Nearer £600 I fear :eek: ...don't panic though, mines been cutting out every couple of weeks or so, for quite a while now :D

wrinx

·
Registered
714 Posts
The remap is defo worth the money mate!

Im now sat at 123k miles and had it done at just under 80k miles with no engine problems!

I now ceave a little more power but will wait till I get a newer car to pursue that!

Coz im thinking about one of these..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts