Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you get to the air filter housing from underneath the car or do I have to undo the bolts from the top and remove the rubber hose to get to the filter?

Also is there a 'how to' on changing the filter as I dont wanna start it and find out that a 5minute job turns out to be a 2hr job !!!

About to do a service, not going to well so far as battery is flat and it's just started to **** it down :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Alright mate, always happens when you work on these cars it starts raining, from underneith the car you cant see much in the way the air filter at the top where the black pipe goes in the main air box has about 4 i think screws thats the only way to get the filter out, i had mine up on ramps and had a good look at it under there and i couldnt see a way to get it from under, when you undo the screws be careful i managed to round off 2 of 4 because they were rusted

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've heard about these screws rusting. Why do manufacturars put screws that are likely to rust in such an exposed place thats likely to get wet - Good old Alfa !

I'll pop the bonnet and give it a bash in a sec.

On another note I normally dont like Halfrauds but I just bought an 5l oil drain can and 5l of oil for £8 - the scatty woman scanned the wrong item, I just paid and left :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had to drill out my screws in the end so good luck!! that sounds about right for halfrauds though!!! :lol: im about to replace the air filter in a second anyway when i was driving the car suddenly sounded like it had a performance filter on it the vacume air box was missing :lol: soooo i gotta plont a new one of that in the car,nooooo:cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.