Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an alfaromeo 156 sportwagon 20vjtd, 2005 reg.

I had some tyres fitted locally to me before xmas, the suspension then had 4 wheel alignment also. They seemed competant enough.

Last week whilst washing the car I noticed that the inner edges of the tyres are wearing out very fast, I returned to said local the garage and they have said the front suspension has too much negative camber… (approx 1.5 negative each side) but its not adjustable so cant do anything about it... Now I agree as don’t think it is adjustable at all on the alfa 156s as the top wishbone just bolts to the damper top mount.

So what do I do? Does anyone have experience of adjusting the front camber on these somehow?

PS The car seems to drive fine, with no other issues. new upper and lower wishbones not long ago, no clonks.

Help!!?? thanks

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I have the last print out for my wheel alignment at home, I'll take a look later on. For info the front wheels should be set parallel, that is essential regardless of what you're told. I think the camber is OK, is the car lowered?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would anyone have some ride height measurements for a standard 156 jtd 20v sport wagon (veloce) so i can check if its been lowered or if its sagged i guess...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks ill compare to my settings tonight and can get back to you.
But let me guess you get no inner tyre wear with those camber settings?

·
Registered
32 Posts
It could be due to your top arm bushes being shot, but there would be other signs of this present (a creak and knock behind the dash being two signs).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok here are 2 geo printouts :

scan 1 (one on the righ hand side) is as the car was set with the new tyres were fitted 6500m ago, 0.08 - surely that’s near enough parallel?

the other as is now. positive numbers are toe out right? I think its toe out but surely this isn’t enough to eat the tyres that much in 6500miles? Is it?

Anyone now any good tracking places they trust near reading or in essex?

thanks all any info appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I use Skidmarques (yes really) in Brentwood, off Wash Road. Not sure if they open Saturdays though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts