Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi after looking around I can't find a post that covers my troubles, 156 2.4 JTD 2001, injector light has been on off over a few months then more on than off, started cutting out on short journeys, but long ones okay, then all the time cutting out wait few mins starts now in my garage, changed the fuel filter saturday, still same troubles will start sometimes run for 1 2 mins cut out, I did hear funny noise from what I think is airflow meter located at back of engine bay close to fuel filter, this the problem ? thanks for all help

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had someone run diag comp on the car, many things wrong LOL, but the main thing is injectors 1 & 4, anyone had troubles before, I have also only had this injector light problem since putting in BP fancy ultimate cleaning fuel ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey, i've just done a run from norwich to manchester. filled up with the dearer bp fuel. thought i'd treat my car. my light has been on permanently since i've returned. i don't have much of it left now, obvoiusly. ha ha . i'll try some other fuel and see if it maakes a change in the light. no cure but maybe prevention can be better (and cheaper LOL ) than cure. the plot thickens eh !! ha ha
but i do love me car other than that. italion models are knonw to be high maintenance eh. but they look good on ur arm. ha ha a good compromise eh !!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
more research and phone calls, this is 80% thought to be electrical trouble on the injectors, most I have spoken too say that these injectors are okay and don't cause trouble usually.

Anyone had loom troubles in this area ? it's Injector Circuit 1 & 4.

I still think it's the fuel but hey ho

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Turini, check the electrical connections to the injectors first, then on a near empty tank, bung in some forte diesel injector cleaner (look on ebay)

Also disconnect the vacuum hose from the turbo VNT actuator and see if the actuator moves by vacuum - or indeed by hand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
connections seem okay nothing obvious, not sure about cleaner as the car turns over and will only occasionaly start now if at all, problem got worse, have noted fuel gauge drops on turn over ?
Have had thought about filling fuel filter with injector cleaner ? but some say it can make things worse.

Just tried again, it's trying to start but now nothing and battery losing juice so putting on charge tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts