Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, My heater motor is trying it's best to run.It sounds like it's bearings have dried up.Can I get in to it and spray magic WD40.I located it under parcel shelf and felt it trying to run.I saw two gold bolts presumably for securing.Is it easy to remove?Are there two heater motors?,as when I put speed to 3 or 4 a nice fan sound appears as well as the noisy one it seems.Explains why demist rubbish in recent bad weather.
Any help appreciated

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Under the parcel shelf?

It's under the glovebox in the passenger side. Remove the trim and you will see it. I screw, unplug and twist anticlockwise. get a second hand tested fan (I used Autolusso - very good) and it is an easy DIY job.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mitch, Yes, I meant glove box and is this the air circulation fan rather than main blower motor, because it is this one that is barely running.Can this be removed easily?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aye,Mitch as you said one screw and turn.I got into the bottom of motor after pulling out of housing via rubber cover.this end had rusted up motor shaft and got to use my wd40.Cured drone now.Thanks for help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts