Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, hopefully someone on here can shed some light on this, I replaced my clutch 14k miles ago from a valeo to an luk.
The clutch hadn't gone although the pull thrust bearing had a broken leg!
It has been fine for just over 14k but then the wife borrowed it!
Allegedly doing 70 on the motorway, it went with a clunk as if it had kicked out of gear and lost drive. So it came back on a low loader. I took the box off to find the centre of the clutch had completely ripped out and one of the friction plates was no longer bonded on.
I have put the valeo clutch back in with the luk pressure plate and thrust bearing and it does now drive again, only now I'm worried its going to go again as I could find no reason why it went in the first place, didn't seem to be any play in the box or anything excessive re. The flywheel.
I can only put it down to she must have been ragging the nuts off it but she had the kids with her so this is unlikely, plus my lad is a right grass so I'm sure he'd tell me!
Any thoughts? I don't mind replacing the clutch again but if there is another issue I may be missing, I'd rather tackle it now and know its sorted.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I thought they were the better ones, I'm quite glad you've said that though, its now got the valeo back in so fingers crossed!

Just to add, its probably unrelated but the only knackered thing I found was a tripod joint had a ton of movement, been like that for ages but thought I'd put a new one in while it was off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts