Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only got my 156 - 2.5 (98) 1 month ago - 2 questions:
- lights are switched over ignition - so go off when taking the key out (my 75 did not behave like this)
- Is the car self-ish?- turning on de-mister settings on the aircon nothing happens when the engine is stone-cold: after a few minutes the aircon and fan kick in...

Wouter

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes to both, mine does the same. just way it works I suppose. Found if you twiddle the heater knob while on full demist it will come on. ;)

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
Yes the lights are switched via the ignition.
If you need the parking lights on press the button on the key barrel and turn the key anti-clockwise all the way (one step from stop).

With the fan speed set to "Auto" the fan will not start until there is some temperature in the system, it you need it from the start set the fan speed manually (it will not be hot though).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes, got my 1.8 a month ago too. Same thing with lights. I find heating system hilarious. Seldom use auto though. Temperature seems to only have two settings, hot or cold. All those numbers are rubbish. basically, just under 18 on the dial, mine goes from no heat to heat, like some ancient shower heat settings.

Oh well............

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
lanciafan said:
just under 18 on the dial, mine goes from no heat to heat, like some ancient shower heat settings.
That usually means that the system is stuck in the max demist mode, which will call for full heat.
I had the same problem a few years ago.

·
Registered
158 Posts
David C said:
That usually means that the system is stuck in the max demist mode, which will call for full heat.
I had the same problem a few years ago.
Really? I have also noticed that the general throughput of ventilation to be poor. I normally have the dials set on floor/screen, just screen or face/floor. If i go to max demist, all hell breaks lose, as it should, so in other words, i do notice a difference, which makes me think its not stuck as you say.

I guess i'd be kinda pleased if you were right though, because at least that means things can improve.

So, how did you fix the problem when you had it?

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
I mentioned it to the dealer when it was in for service, they knew exactly what it was and fixed it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
lanciafan said:
Yes, got my 1.8 a month ago too. Same thing with lights. I find heating system hilarious. Seldom use auto though. Temperature seems to only have two settings, hot or cold. All those numbers are rubbish. basically, just under 18 on the dial, mine goes from no heat to heat, like some ancient shower heat settings.

Oh well............
Reckon thats the worse thing with the 156 prior to the facelift with new ventilation. Those poxy little vents above the radio don`t point anywhere in paticular and what does come out of them is less powerfull than my daughters toy hairdryer !!!!
Agree with you about the temp settings, one moment it`s boiling hot then the next it`s all gone cold !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts