Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My facelifted interior car has dreadful mid level fans... The ones for the legs and windscreen seem to work fine and it definitely isn't the cabin filter as I change it often enough so it doesn't become clogged.

Is there a motor or flaps that can be adjusted?

I did change the infocentre in the middle for a "late" one as the early one I had on the car faded in hot weather.

Has anyone used a non infocentre middle vent unit with any success as in better air flow? There are a few knocking around on eBay and I might give one a try since the infocentre is completely pointless for me, the MPG for my V6 is so far out that I just leave it on the date...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Sounds like a problem with servo motor for face vents not switching over properly to me.
If you have it on face vents is air coming out of the screen or floor vents still?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a problem with servo motor for face vents not switching over properly to me.
If you have it on face vents is air coming out of the screen or floor vents still?
Yes, when it goes over to floor/windscreen then there is a noticeable difference.

Where is the middle servo located? Is it even worth my while trying to get to it...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I honestly don’t know on your car but I think the issue is the servo motor or with the shaft/flap it controls not operating correctly.

sure someone will pop up and be able to tell you where to look for the motor

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly don’t know on your car but I think the issue is the servo motor or with the shaft/flap it controls not operating correctly.

sure someone will pop up and be able to tell you where to look for the motor
Thanks... All I could find via a forum search myself was the 166 motor behind behind the dials I think.

I've also got a very vague memory of changing a small servo of my original V reg 2.5 in the footwell somewhere but I can't remember for what reason as it was around 7 years ago.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think the vents and interior air flow system are generally quite poor in the 156. My center vents are not the best too.

You will be able to tell if there is a problem. When you select face vents is air still coming out of the feet vents? If not, then the control flap is probably working just fine but it may just be the poor design.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the vents and interior air flow system are generally quite poor in the 156. My center vents are not the best too.

You will be able to tell if there is a problem. When you select face vents is air still coming out of the feet vents? If not, then the control flap is probably working just fine but it may just be the poor design.
Yes when I select the midde/face vents there is clearly increased air flow. So far I get around it by having only the ones near me blow and shut off the rest (thankfully I don't carry passengers often)!!

Have heard of others saying their air flow is absolutely fine and I recall the original 2.5 I've had performing as you'd expect any other car would...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts