Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the infocentre in my car, like all eary ones, fades when it gets warm but is 100% perfect when cool.
The obvious solution is to just replace it with the newer type but I prefer the bigger screen.
Today I experemented when driving.
I let the car heat up and let the screen fade as usual. Then I turned the cold air on directing it out the air vents at the side and back of the screen. The fade went away after a few mins and the screen went back to normal.
This made me think of a solution that I cant find the answer to online.
If i were to retrifit a small 12v fan or two, something like inside a computer, in behind the screen and wire it to come on with the ignition therefore keeping a constant feed of air blowing on the infocentre. Would this prevent the fading from happening. Ive yet to take the unit off the dash but is there any room to do such a mod.
Any thoughts to this are welcome.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hiya

There maybe room for a small fan , like a pc motherboard chip fan.
But i think people with the same problem used foil to help the problem , but the fan is something i would defo try and also drill some holes in the black box it sits in

good luck with it

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be worth a try as far as I can see. Those little fans are dirt cheap. I didnt realise people used foil, i might try it as an insulator and see does it help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts