Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a induction kit easy to put on my alfa 156 1.8 TS and will it make a big difference and which kit is the best

M

·
0 Posts
imho dude i wouldn't bother, it will empty your pocket and knacker your MAF...

:)

M

·
0 Posts
i think thats still a matter of debate, changes the engine sound slightly...to many stories though of them knackering MAF's that are costly sod's to buy...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
the right induction kit can make an improvement but the intake systems on the alfas are very good as standard. if you want to improve it consider fitting an aftermarket panel filter such as that from autodelta (£28) and a GTA intake pipe. a simple bolt on filter will daw in more hot air and actually reduce performance. i think the GTA intake pipe is available from the dealer pretty reasonably priced but someone else can confirm this as i ripped the entire intake system out of mine for a fully customised setup :)

CLICKY

M

·
0 Posts
marko said:
the right induction kit can make an improvement but the intake systems on the alfas are very good as standard. if you want to improve it consider fitting an aftermarket panel filter such as that from autodelta (£28) and a GTA intake pipe. a simple bolt on filter will daw in more hot air and actually reduce performance. i think the GTA intake pipe is available from the dealer pretty reasonably priced but someone else can confirm this as i ripped the entire intake system out of mine for a fully customised setup :)

CLICKY
hey marko...have you got any engine bay pics to show your setup ?

cheers dude

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
What about the CDA induction kit? I've heard lots of good things about them, you can get them from angeltuning who seem to generate lots of good feed back on here.

I'm fitting one to my 156 2.0 as my whole standard air intake and filter box is knackered (tree + bumper + 30mph = knackered).

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
mike, ive attached a few but there not great, ill try and get a better shots if you like?

basically ive replaced the airbox and all the pipes. the pipes used are 3inch diameter rolled finished in heat proof silver paint, polished internals, the filter in use is a novitec GTA filter with a custom chrome heat shield protecting it from engine bay heat, mostly that from the exhaust manifold. the note is very racy but not too loud at low revs to be 'chavvy', pickup is greatly improved right to the redline at 7500rpm... all in all cost about 135 quid and a lot of my own time and effort!

the first two photos show the setup prior painting (yes, i repainted the rocker cover also), the third shows the current state of the engine bay, if you look closely at the first pic you can see the filter element before i fitted the chrome heat shield.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Beardo,marko..

Pretty much the same thing .. worked well freeing up the top end on my old 1,8 156 - looks totally stock as well... The autodelta filter (oil free one) works wonders....

Simes.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
GTA intake, 2.5V6 intake - same thing really.
Rip all of the intake tubing out up to the air filter box. Plug in the V6 or GTA intake (possible the V6 one is better for the 1.8?). Easy to do and the intake costs about £25 I seem to remember. Don't bother with the screws and fittings, the intake is a snap-in fit and to the box and the other end is better held in place with a cable tie.
Even without a new filter the difference will be noticeable.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
been looking everywhere cant find any info, can you do the v6 mod to the jts? if not what can you do?
cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts