Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all.

Bloody MOT's. My 156 2005 1.9 failed the other day. Nothing disasterous, top front arm, an exhaust section, rear arm/drop link. Air bag light and front headlight beam.

All sorted, went for the retest and the drivers side headlamp incorrect. We had a look and the bulbs correct etc. Anyway down to the point.

Does a pre facelift headlight fit a face lift model? I've got a pre face lift in the garage that i could stick on her to get the mot. the actual dimensions and fittings look the same. Will it fit for the MOT whilst i find a second hand facelift unit?

Cheers people.

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
Headlights are different I believe.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Presumably its passed last year so why not now? The bulb might be correct but are you 100% sure its in the right way up?

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
And correctly seated? Some cheaper bulbs aren't as well made and catch on the lamp seat area

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'd also say to check the bulb seating. Last year I had a chain MOT place telling me I needed new headlamps; turned out that the bulb wasn't pushed in all the way, screwing up the pattern. On the test it looked like a flattened 'v', if that makes sense, instead of flat towards the right and kicked up to the left.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for tha advice lads. Struggled to find a cheap facelift headlamp but i got there in the end.

Fingers crossed my garage will throw it on tomoz and a years ticket will be handed over.

I/we all checked the bulb so 4 people cant be wrong! We'll soon see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts